We are excited that you have chosen the University of Northern Iowa for the next step in your journey and can't wait to officially welcome you to the Panther Family!
Orientation is a half-day (8:00AM-12:30PM CST or 12:00PM-4:30PM CST) online virtual experience for all incoming students and attendance at all scheduled programming is required in order to be eligible to register for classes. Orientation registration for students starting Summer or Fall 2024 is now live!
- Orientation registration for students starting
- Spring 2025 will open in October 2024
Orientation dates are based on major, you must login to see the available dates. You must accept your offer of admission before you can register for orientation.
Transfer Transitions Days
While your orientation is entirely online, you and your family are invited to join us on campus for a Transfer Transition Day. A special, on-campus, event specifically for incoming transfer students. At your Transfer Transition Day, you will:
- Hear from UNI Staff
- Receive a tour of campus
- Enjoy lunch in one of our Dining Centers
- And more
Note: this does not replace your orientation session.
Transfer Orientation Dates
Students Starting Summer or Fall 2024
Orientation is a half-day (8:00AM-12:30PM CST or 12:00PM-4:30PM CST) online virtual experience. During your orientation, you will:
- register for classes with your academic advisor
- meet other new Panthers
- learn about financial aid, billing process, campus resources & activate your UNI email account
We look forward to meeting you and providing you a personalized orientation experience.
Before Your Orientation Session
Let us know important information about you using your personalized online orientation portal.
The Orientation Portal for students starting Summer or Fall 2024 will go live April 1st! Make sure you log in and complete your Pre-Orientation Tasks, which are due a week before your orientation session. These tasks include:
- Officially declaring your major(s) and minor(s)
- Letting us know what college credits and degree(s) you are transferring in
- Informing your advisor what your future career plans are
- Uploading your UNI ID card photo
- Taking the ALEKS math placement exam if needed
Orientation Day Information & Tips
- We recommend using a laptop or tablet, but a smartphone will work as well
- Ensure you're in a quiet location and connected to a stable internet connection
- Have access to your audio and camera, this will assist in communicating with the Orientation Staff, your Academic Advisor & other new Panthers
- Your orientation schedule will populate 3 days before your session via your Orientation Portal and your Zoom links will be available the day of your session
After Your Orientation Day
Once your complete your orientation session you will still have a few tasks to complete before you come to campus. After your orientation session complete your After Orientation Tasks in your orientation portal.
These tasks include:
- Completing the orientation survey
- Ordering your parking pass
- Reviewing the Student Conduct Code
- Accepting the terms and conditions for your aid to pay out
In addition to completing these tasks in your orientation portal, you will also want to prepare for the start of your first semester as a Panther by: