We are excited that you have chosen the University of Northern Iowa for the next step in your journey and can't wait to officially welcome you to the Panther Family!
Orientation is an on campus, full day (8:00AM-5:00PM CST) experience for all incoming students and attendance at all scheduled programming is required in order to be eligible to register for classes. Orientation registration for students starting Summer or Fall 2024 is now live!
- Orientation registration for students starting:
- Spring 2025 will open in October 2024.
Orientation dates are in June and July, and are based on major, you must login to see the available dates. You must accept your offer of admission before you can register for orientation.
Orientation Overnight Options
Participate in the unique opportunity to stay overnight on campus the night before your orientation session. Although optional, this is a great way to get a taste of what it's like to live on campus. At the overnight stay you will:
- Meet new and current students
- Stay in Panther Village, our apartment style residence halls
- Enjoy activities in the Wellness and Recreation Center
- Experience what it will be like to live on campus
When you register, look for the overnight options.
Students Starting Summer or Fall 2024
Orientation is a full-day (8:00AM-5:00PM CST) on campus experience. During your orientation, you will:
- register for classes with your academic advisor
- meet other new Panthers
- learn about financial aid, campus resources & activate your UNI email account
We look forward to meeting you and providing you a personalized orientation experience.
Before Your Orientation Session
Let us know important information about you using your personalized online Orientation Portal.
The Orientation Portal for students starting summer or fall 2024 will go live April1! Make sure you log in and complete your Pre-Orientation Tasks, which are due a week before your orientation session. These tasks include:
- taking the ALEKS math placement exam
- officially declaring your major
- letting us know what college credits you are transferring in
- informing your advisor what your future career plans are
- uploading your UNI ID card photo
After Your Orientation Day
Once your complete your orientation session you will still have a few tasks to complete before you come to campus. After your orientation session complete your After Orientation Tasks in your orientation portal. These tasks include:
- completing the orientation survey
- ordering your parking pass
- reviewing the Student Conduct Code
- accepting the terms and conditions for your aid to pay out
In addition to completing these tasks in your orientation portal, you will also want to prepare for the start of your first semester as a Panther by: