Registering for Orientation 2021
We are excited that you have chosen the University of Northern Iowa for the next step in your journey and can't wait to welcome you to the Panther Family!
During your orientation, you will meet with an academic advisor, register for classes and spend time with your orientation leaders, as well as gain access to information about essential campus resources. We’re looking forward to providing you a customized orientation experience along with learning more about your goals and interests.
Upcoming Orientation Registration Launch Dates
- Orientation sign-up for transfer students starting classes in spring semester 2022 is now open. Sign up here!
- Orientation registration for students starting Fall 2022 will open February 1.
Orientation Dates for students starting in Spring 2022
- December 3, 2021 (Virtual)
- December 17, 2021 (Virtual)
- January 18, 2022
Please note that you will not be able to register until you have accepted your offer of admission.
Transfer Student Access to Online Orientation
Online Orientation Portal:
We have created an online portal where you will be able to conveniently access everything related to your orientation experience. Your portal will be ready November 1 or within 2 hours of registering for orientation after November 1. The portal will include:
- Tasks for you to complete before and after your scheduled orientation session
- Your personalized orientation schedule which will be available 1 week before your session (online orienation sessions only)
- Videos, brochures, and links to helpful information from resources across campus
The online orientation portal is web-based, designed to function in all browsers, and mobile-friendly.
Online Session Technology requirements:
While orientation can be completed on your phone, we recommend using a laptop or other larger device, if available, on the day of your scheduled session. If you plan on using a mobile device make sure you download the Zoom app prior to your session. Throughout orientation, the live sessions will be conducted via Zoom.
If at any point you have concerns about being able to participate in online orientation, please email email@example.com or call 319-273-4260, and we will work with you one-on-one.
Students will be engaging with other new and current UNI students during orientation, as well as meeting with UNI faculty and staff. For more fmailly information visit the Family Information page.