Welcome to Student Success & Retention!
The Department of Student Success & Retention promotes student degree completion by taking down barriers to persistence and creating experiences that support students in discovering community, meaning, and purpose.
Orientation & Transition
Orientation & Transition oversees summer orientation, Jump Start, UNI Now!, and Welcome Week. All of our programs are geared toward creating the smoothest possible transition to UNI for new students!
Check out the orientation tab for more information on all of these services!
Student success is the top priority of our office and the central goal of our UNI strategic plan. Through early intervention, peer mentoring, and success coaching, we work to make sure all UNI students have the support and resources to achieve their goals.
Head over to the student success tab to learn more about early intervention and one-on-one mentoring opportunities here at UNI!
Resources for Students
Student Success & Retention houses many great programs, but we are also here to support students in any way we can! Other resources on this site include information about ALEKS, DACA, and other student supports on campus.
Don't hesitate to reach out, we'd be glad to help or connect you to the best resource!
COVID-19 RESPONSE AND RESOURCES
As UNI continues to adjust to the rapidly changing circumstances of the COVID-19 virus, Student Success & Retention is still here to support all current and future students. For the most up to date campus-wide information, please visit forwardtogether.uni.edu. Below, you can find links and information that may be helpful during this time specifically related to Student Success & Retention.
- If you are planning to begin classes in fall 2021 please sign up for orientation here.
- The ALEKS math placement test is always conducted online and can be taken whenever new students are ready. For more information about the ALEKS exam, please visit this section of our website.
- We have created a guide to support your success in the online learning environment. Click here for the PDF version of the Intro to Online Learning.
- Success Coaching is still available to all students in a remote format during this time. Learn more about Success Coaching here.
- If you are experiencing barriers to your academic success during this unique time, please reach out to the Dean of Students office for support using this form.